Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Twitter... a waste of time!

Twitter is a service that allows people to stay connected and communicate quickly. Twitter is a free social networking service that allows its users to send and receive other users’ updates. An update is called a tweet, which is a text-based post of up to 140 characters. Tweets are displayed on the users profile page and delivered to other users who have subscribed to them. If you set up your own account, you can allow anyone to access your tweets or you can restrict it to just those people in your circle of friends. Users can use Twitter on the Twitter website, or just use their cell phone.
Right now Twitter is still free to use over the Internet. I’ve never used Twitter, and I think it’s just a waste of time. I don’t see a point in reading what people are writing about every minute. There is no way of knowing if anything that is written, or tweeted, is actually true. I personally don’t care what other people are doing, and I don’t see any point in reading anyone’s Tweet. Is there really any benefit to sitting in front of the computer, or stuck to your cell phone reading about someone else’s live when you have your own? I can’t see myself ever signing up to use Twitter; I have my own life to worry about. If someone is really interested in what I’m doing, then they should just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment