Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Internet

Surfing the web is not as scary for me as it is intimidating. I don’t have good computer skills, and I feel like I don’t know what I’m doing most of the time. To make things worse, the Internet is filled with people and programs whose goal is to make life harder on someone. Every day it seems like there are reports of people who were scammed or lost all of their information because of a computer virus. Scare ware distributors are becoming rich off of creating these viruses or scams that trick people into giving them money and or destroying there hard drives.

This has already happened to me once. My parents got me a brand new laptop for my birthday 3 years ago. Since then its spent most of the time in my closet, not being used. Somehow I got a virus on it and I don’t know how to fix it. Eventually I need to take it somewhere to get it fixed, but that costs me money that I don’t have right now. I would like to know how to do this by myself but I just don’t have the knowledge for that.

I think it is very important for everyone to have sufficient computer skills. Especially now when computers and technology are such a huge part of our society, it’s almost required that everyone have proper computer skills. Technology is only going to get smarter and faster and I need to keep up otherwise I’m going to play catch up all my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment